September 2022 Start (Fortnightly Tuesday)
The next step for many counsellors and psychotherapists is to train to become a supervisor. Being a supervisor involves combining your knowledge and experience as a therapist with relevant supervision theories and practices. We also feel that it is important to bring your personality, your intuition and your creativity to your role as a supervisor to make it a wholesome and rewarding experience for you and your supervisees.
This course will provide you with the relevant theoretical base and practical skills to enable you to be an effective, professional supervisor. While we will teach you the theory and skills, we will also actively encourage you to develop your own style as a supervisor.
Over 14 taught sessions, the course will equip you to support your supervisees through the many challenges that may emerge in supervision, and to explore the relationships that come into the room with creativity and professionalism.
The course is aimed at counsellors and psychotherapists who have sufficient experience to take on the role of a clinical supervisor, either as a lead counsellor in an agency, charity or organisation, or in independent practice.
There is a requirement to complete at least 18 hours as a supervisor during the course (or within one year after the end of the training). You will also be expected to be in supervision yourself.
September 2022 Start
13 September 2022 – 9 May 2023
Fortnightly Tuesdays 10:00 – 17:00
Early Payment Fee £1000
Pay £200 deposit to secure your place on the course, followed by one payment of £800 made by BACS one month prior to course start date.
Course Fee £1100
Pay £200 deposit to secure your place on the course, followed by 6 monthly standing order payments of £150.
Costs included in course fees
- Tuition and assessment
- Individual tutorial support
- Short term loan access to a selection of books including those on the reading list
- Access to wi-fi for research and presentations from your own tablets, mobiles and laptops etc
- Access to college for group skills practices/small group presentation preparations etc. between teaching sessions (room needs to be booked in advance)
- Access to online student folder
Costs not included in the course fees
- Purchase of reading books (it is recommended that you obtain the core reading books for your use during the course)
For information about dates of future courses please contact us.